WATER REGULATION & CONSERVATION RESOURCES
STPRA has joined forces with Texas and Southwestern Cattle Raisers Association, the Texas Wildlife Association and the Texas Farm Bureau to protect property owners' private property rights in groundwater, while supporting reasonable, science-based regulation for the long-term sustainability of groundwater resources. To advocate these ideals, the supporting associations and organizations have established an educational program to assist members, property owners, legislators and policy makers in understanding current groundwater ownership and regulatory issues in Texas.
- Water Well Screenings - by Texas A&m AgriLife Extension
- Texas Exempt Wells: Where Does Fracking Fit? - by Tiffany Dowell & Amber Miller, Natural Resource Journal
- 2012 Texas State Water Plan Interactive Website - The final version of the website features two new modules that illustrate the connections between users and their existing water suppliers and recommended future supplies from water management strategies. The website also allows users to search for or click on a particular groundwater or surface water source to find out who else may rely on that same water source, now and in the future. As an increasing number of projects from the state water plan are implemented in part because of the State Water Implementation Fund for Texas approved in 2013, this information has become especially important. Website by Texas Water Development Board
- Yours, Mine Or Ours? The Rule Of Capture And Subterranean Fluids - by Judon Fambrough, Tierra Grande Magazine
- The Texas Coast: Freshwater Inflow, Coastal Productivity, and Texas Water Policy - by Jim Blackburn
- Brush Country Groundwater Conservation District (BCGCD) Informational Pamphlet 2013 - BCGCD
- The History of the Rule of Capture of Groundwater in Texas - Texas Water Development Board & The University of Texas at Austin
- Water For The Future: Will we accept the challenge or will we postpone it? - PowerPoint by Texas Water Development Board
- Resolution 2010-004 Cow Creek Groundwater Conservation District
- www.WaterDataForTexas.org - This website is a product of the Texas Water Development Board (TWDB) Surface Water Resources division and is made possible by the support of management and staff at TWDB. This project is part of our ongoing efforts to synthesize and communicate water-related data to scientists, policy makers and the public.
- www.TWRI.TAMU.edu: Texas Water Resource Institute - The Texas Water Resources Institute (TWRI) and the Texas A&M Institute of Renewable Natural Resources (IRNR) work together to foster and communicate research and educational outreach programs focused on water and natural resources science and management issues in Texas and beyond.
- www.TexasLivingWaters.org - The Texas Living Waters Project works to transform the way we manage and allocate our water to better preserve the Texas we love for future generations.