PRESCRIBED BURNING RESOURCES
STPRA Executive Director, Ms. Susan J. Kibbe, currently serves on the advisory committee of the Texas Prescribed Burn Board.
- Prescribed Fire in Late Winter- Report by Nicholas R. Kolbe, Wildlife Biologist/Real Estate Agent
- Legal Issues Surrounding Prescribed Burning - Report by Progressive Cattleman
- Prescribed Fire Equipment - Fact Sheet by Texas A&M Agrilife Extension
- 2012 National Prescribed Fire Use Survey Report - Report by Coalition of Prescribed Fire Councils, Inc.
- Into the Wildfire: What Science is Learning About Fire and How to Live With It - Article by The New York Times
- A Land in Balance - Video by Texas A&M Forest Service
- The Rising Great Plains Fire Campaign: Citizens' Response to Woody Plant Encroachment - Article by Frontiers in Ecology & the Environment
- Prescribed Fire: A Historical Tool With New Opportunities - Video by United States Dept. of Agriculture & Natural Resources Conservation Service
- Prescribed Burn Associations, Alliance in Texas - Article by Wildlife & Management News
- Prescribed Burn Rules 10/13/11 - PowerPoint by Dr. Lynne Drawe
- Online Basic Prescribed Fire Training - Natural Resource Ecology & Management Extension
- Listing of Prescribed Burn Associations in Texas - Texas Parks and Wildlife Management
- Texas A&M Forest Service - Texas Forest Service was created in 1915 by the 34th Legislature as an integral part of The Texas A&M University System. It is mandated by law to "assume direction of all forest interests and all matters pertaining to forestry within the jurisdiction of the state."
- Texas Prescribed Burn Program - Texas Department of Agriculture website containing information about the Board, the Prescribed Burn Program, and resources for prescribed burning.